This website (www.bigspirit.ca) is owned, operated and maintained by the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo (RMWB). The RMWB recognizes that the privacy and confidentiality of a person's personal information is important, therefore any personal information collected on this website is managed in accordance to the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
- This means that:
(1) You will be informed, at the point of collection, that your personal information is being collected and the purpose for which it is being collected.
(2) You have a right of access to your information.
(3) You have control over how the RMWB obtains, uses, and discloses your personal information.
(4) All uses of information are subject to you not having refused or withdrawn consent, unless disclosure is made for legal purposes.
(5) Even if you do nothing more during your visit than browse through the website, read pages, or download information, please be aware that the RMWB automatically gathers and stores certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally. The RMWB collects and stores only the following information about your visit:
(a) The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access the Big Spirit website.
(b) The type of browser and operating system used to access the Big Spirit website.
(c) The date and time you access the Big Spirit website.
(d) The pages you visit on the Big Spirit website; and if you are linked to the Big Spirit website from another website, the address of that website.
(6) The RMWB uses this information to help us make the Big Spirit website more useful to visitors, to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. The RMWB does not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
(8) If you choose to provide the RMWB with personal information in an e-mail or by filling out an electronic form and submitting it to the RMWB through the Big Spirit website, the RMWB will use that information to respond to your message and to assist us to provide you the requested information or service. All e-mail messages or forms received are the property of the RMWB and may be accessed by any RMWB employee without further consent of the author. All e-mail messages required to be retained by law will be maintained through a records management process.
- For more information please contact:
Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
6th Floor, 9909 – Franklin Avenue
Fort McMurray, Alberta T9H 2K4
Telephone: (780) 743-7001 Fax: (780) 743-7028